Monday, January 19, 2009

Scanning Photos

One of my projects for the past 3 years or so has been scanning in all my old 35 mm pictures and archiving them onto my computer which is in turn backed up using Mozy. Side note – yes, I have boxes and boxes and albums upon albums. I’m glad though because old photos help you remember where you’ve been and what you’ve done. Take enough pictures regularly and you end up with a visual journal of your entire life.


So I enjoy looking back at all the old photos and reminiscing about the memories. Most are good but some bad. I glance at some of those pictures of me as a kid and realize I’ve come a long way -- even done some neat things.


Isn’t writing similar? Do you ever go back and look at what you’ve written? I’ve only been at this blogging thing for 3 weeks, but I look forward to looking back at these early entries a year from now and seeing how I’ve come in my writing. Like a good photo, they’ll remind me of where I was. Too, like a journal, these posting will serve as little mini-milestones in my journey to getting published. And, hopefully, that will be a good memory. Who knows, it may even be worth a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment